The Brazilian based Counter-Strike:Global Offensive team of FURIA eSports has managed to come from a map deficite and win the North American branch of the Intel Extreme Masters: New York 2020.
The game last night started on de_nuke where the Australian bsed team, 100 Thieves managed an easy win with (16:9), from there onwards, it all came downhill for the Australian team as the Brazilians got the pedal to the metal and secured three maps in a row with de_inferno (16:14), de_vertigo (16:4) and de_mirage (16:11), with this securing a [3-1] win and a total of $25000 in cash prize.
Along the money, the team managed to secure a spot for the Intel Extreme Masters Global Challenge.
The final standings are:
- 1'st. FURIA eSports - $25000 + 2500 RMR points
- 2'nd. 100 Thieves - $100000 + 2344 RMR points
- 3'rd. Evil Geniuses $5000 + 2188 RMR points
- 4'th. TeamOne - $5000 + 2031 RMR points
- 5'th. Team Liquid - $3000 + 1875 RMR points
- 6'th. New England Whalers - $3000 +1719 RMR points
- 7'th./8th. Triumph, Chaos - $2000 + 1484,5 RMR points each
- 9'th./10'th. Rebirth, Mythic - $1500 + 1172 RMR points each
- 11'th./12'th. ImPerium, RBG - $1000 + 859,5 RMR points each